Stern Hall (c. 1840), Milford, CT
scroll down for details
- This Italianate structure was built for a local industrialist that eventually became the administrative offices for the Milford Academy preparatory school for over 40 years.
- Building fell into severe disrepair and was considered for demolition
- Restored the grandeur to this elegant 1846 three-story structure
- Unique details that were preserved include the large roof eave brackets and asymmetric window mullions where no glass size is the same in any window
- A new elevator and egress stairtower were added to the rear of the structure where a secondary entrance was specifically designed and developed for municipal departments